- 1.1 How can I start?
First you have to book and pay for your course. After the payment has been confirmed, you will have access to the linguistic portal of Lengalia by using your e-mail-address as your user name, and the password you have chosen when registering..
- 1.2 How can I choose an appropriate course for me?
You must first complete an aptitude test to check your Spanish language skills! Afterwards, please read the descriptions of the Spanish courses until you find one that is appropriate for you.
- 1.3 Is it essential to know Spanish for booking a course?
No. In the case that you are a beginner, you should first choose „Spanish grammar I“ or „Spanish Holidays & Trips I”.
Additionally, you can listen to Spanish and Hispano-American podcasts, watch videos ' Tasty Learning I & II', you can use the linguistic exchange service and any material which is free at your disposal on „Learn Spanish for free“.
- 1.4 How long do I need for a course?
This is different with every course. You can find information about the duration in each course description.
- 1.5 Is there a user manual?
In the download section, there is a user manual and a learning manual that contain many useful tips for learning Spanish with Lengalia.
- 1.6 What is free on the Lengalia platform?
You can listen to Spanish and Hispano-American podcasts, watch the videos ”Tasty Learning I & II”, you can use the linguistic exchange service and any material which is at free disposal on „Learn Spanish for free“.
2. Methods of payment
- 2.1 Which methods of payment does Lengalia offer?
- If you already have a Paypal account
When you want to pay the course fee, log onto Paypal.
If you don´t have a Paypal account
You may still pay for the booked course through Paypal choosing the option “Pay without having an account”. Choose the country from which you want to make the payment, and fill out the form. To know which payment possibilities Paypal offers in your country, you have to check it on this link. Without an account on Paypal you are not allowed to send more than three payments. It is important that the e-mail address you give in the form is not yet registered on Paypal.
- 2.2 Can I start with the course immediately right after the payment?
- 2.3 I have paid but I didn’t receive any access data
See again Question 2.1 and pay attention to the period of time that can pass with the different methods of payment until the money has been transferred and Lengalia can send your data. Please write us an e-mail if the money has been transferred and more than two weeks have passed. If we made a mistake, we will try to correct it.
- 2.4 I have paid, but I don’t have access to the system
First, verify that your incoming data is correct. To check, you can click on “Forgot your password”, which appears under the login, to verify info. In case that your data is correct, verify if the payment have been made correctly.
- 2.5 Is it safe to pay online on Lengalia?
Yes, Lengalia uses a secure SSL protocol (Secure Socket Layer) which guarantees a high level of encryption. Due to security reasons Lengalia does not receive at any time any information from your credit card or bank account because all payments are transferred by a payment provider.
- 2.6 Which currency is accepted for payment?
- 2.7 Can I book two courses at the same time?
You can book as many courses as you wish to do simultaneously. Every course contains its own, independent reservoir for the contents (statistics, conjugated verbs, vocabulary etc.).
3. Profile and Adjustments
- 3.1 I forgot my password.
Click on “Forgot your password” and in the form that appears you have to write your user name (your e-mail-address that you used during registration). After that you will receive an e-mail with a new password, which you can change under “My Profile” if you want.
- 3.2 Can I change my password?
Yes. You can change it on your profile page when you are logged in.
- 3.3 Where can I find my courses?
When you are logged in switch to “Home”. Here you can look up all important information about every course and about the course you have booked.
- 3.4 Can I delete my own profile before my running course is over?
Yes, you can delete it when you switch to “My profile”. Please note that you will also be deleting all your user data along with all courses you have booked.
- 3.5 In the tab list “My profile” I see “Language”. What does it mean?
It’s the language in which the icons and the help texts appear on the portal. By pushing the button 'Translate' in a grammar course or a dialogue in the rest of the courses, you will find the text translated into the language you need.
At the moment, we offer following language-translations: English, German, French and Spanish. If you are not fluent in the Spanish language you should choose the language you understand the best. If your Spanish knowledge is sufficient to understand everything, choose the Spanish language. You can change the language at any time.
- 4.1 With which lesson should I start?
Always with the first one. The lesson order has been designed in order to attain a progressive development regarding the difficulty of its content.
- 4.2 How much time a week should I reserve for learning?
You should practice at least 15 minutes a day or two hours a week; whereas it is more efficient to learn a bit on many days than a lot on fewer days. Be diligent and disciplined and try learning regularly. If you take this advice into account you will be proud of the achieved result at the end of the course!
- 4.3 How do I learn Spanish with Lengalia?
Switching to “My courses” you will find an icon that is called “Downloads”. In this downloading area you can find a guideline which contains practical learning tips. This guideline will tell you how you can learn as efficiently as possible and therefore benefit from the course. You can download it in English, German, French and Spanish.
- 4.4 What material can I download?
In every course you will find a guideline with practical learning tips and hints in a PDF format and some audio-data you can download. The download link can be found by switching to 'My courses' and “Downloads”. You can use this material during and after the course for your private exercise.
- 4.5 How do the Forum, the vocabulary trainer and the verb conjugator work?
Read the FAQs that you can find in every tool in the tab “?”.
- 4.6 How does the linguistic exchange service work?
Read the FAQs that you can find in the tool of Language exchange in the tab “?”.
- 4.7 Can I print out the list of vocabulary that I saved with the vocabulary trainer, after the course is over?
Yes. If you prolong the same course, you don’t loose the words which are already introduced, and you can continue to practice them.
- 4.8 How do I receive a Lengalia Certificate of Participation?
To receive such a certificate, you need to pass a test at the end of the course. After completing the final test, you will receive your result from our virtual teacher. If you have scored more than 70% you have passed the test and you can download the certificate as a PDF data automatically. If you do not pass you will get two more chances to repeat the test. If you haven't passed the test after the third try, you must book the course again.
- 4.9 Can I extend my course?
If you were not able to complete the course during the course length, you can prolong the course for the same time-interval. The advantage with this is that all your data for the course (progress, mistakes, vocabulary etc.) will still be saved on your profile.
5. Spanish Tutor Service
- 5.1 How does the Online Teacher Support work?
If you have bought a course you will be able to find a little icon at the top of the menu which states “Tutor”. By clicking on “Tutor” you will find two buttons for contacting the teacher either for chatting or for (video-) calling.
- 5.2 When can I consult the Spanish Tutor Service?
The Tutor service can be used from Monday to Friday from 11AM to 1 PM and from 3PM to 5PM (Central European Time).
- 5.3 In which language can I consult them?
We recommend speaking Spanish with your support teacher. Nevertheless you can speak in German, French or English as well.
- 5.4 Which technical equipment do I need for using the service?
You need the program Skype and a headset. If you want to do a video-conference, then we recommend for you to use a web camera to support the communication with gestures and mimics.
- 5.5 What is the virtual teacher?
The virtual teacher is a virtual tool in a personalized mode to support you through the entire course. His tasks are:
- to provide exact explanations and information you need to understand the solutions of the exercises
- to show you your level of knowledge in every lesson
- to analyze your mistakes and to offer you the possibility to improve your results
- to give you a Certificate of Participation, if you have passed the final exam successfully at the end of your course.
6. Technical matters
- 6.1 Which technical equipment do I need for learning on Lengalia?
- 6.2 What are podcasts?
Podcasts are audio-programs that you can listen to for free.
- 6.3 How can I listen to such a podcast?
Click on the icon of the audio-program.
- 6.4 How can I download an audio-program?
If you want to download an audio-program, you have to book the applicable course (podcasts about Spain, Hispano-America etc.). You will find the zipped version of the audio-data in the area of “My courses” by switching to “Downloads”. After downloading the zipped data, you need software that can unpack those zipped files. If you don't have such a program we recommend you to download 7-zip (open source).
- 6.5 How do I correctly log out of the Lengalia platform?
Switch to “Logout” at the right top of your browser.
7. Legal matters
- 7.1 May I give away the downloaded material to any other person?
The downloaded material from the Lengalia platform is only for your personal utilization and not for third parties.
- 7.2 May I give away my password to third parties?
No, you may not. The use of the course is limited to only one person. Passing on your account data would also possibly influence your results negatively, your learning material, and your statistics. As a consequence, you would learn less efficiently.
8. Redeem voucher tracker
- 8.1 Look for a course
Look on www.lengalia.com/en/spanish-courses-online.html a course that you wish to make, and then click "Buy".
- 8.2 Registration process
Follow the registration process.